We in Grefsen tennis would like to take this opportunity in thanking all our players and members for a great tennis year! We hope to continue to cater for all your tennis needs here at GTK and look forward in having you all back on court in 2018!
TENNIS SCHOOL – START UP AFTER THE CHRISTMAS BREAK
The last lesson of the season for both our juniors and seniors will be Saturday 16 Dec. We are then back on court Monday 08 Jan.
All lesson days and times will continue as per 2017 unless you are contacted personally by us via email or telephone. So, an automatic registering happens in 2018. Please however, let me know by the 31 Dec 2017 if you will not be continuing with courses.
Please also let me know if you are interested in more hours (course, contract, etc). To all players and parents who have already sent me an email regarding this, we will try our best to meet your wishes and get back to you asap.
We are also looking at introducing new courses for businesses, students and all players who have the opportunity to play before midday Mon- Fri (09:00-13:00). We welcome all here at GTK! If this could be of interest to you, your friends and colleagues please contact me (email@example.com or 904 77 627), and we can chat about offers that will suit you all.
GTK EVENTS IN 2017
This year GTK has arranged many successful tournaments and social events with the Orange Master in June as the highlight. We will continue to do so, to create a stronger bond between members and all groups at the Club.
- JANUARY – We arranged an U12 Tournament in partnership with Norwegian Tennis Federation (NTF) with play at both GTK and Oslo Tennis Arena. The tournament was open to all players in Norway and we had almost 100 players representing most clubs in and around Oslo J
- MARCH – The U10 Open Tournament was next up! Again, another successful tournament with 61 entries where both players and parents enjoyed their time here at GTK.
- APRIL – Indoor Senior Club Champs, 28 players had a blast on and off the court with the highlight being the players lunch on the Saturday afternoon, followed by Speed Double on Sunday and finals. Delicious food, great company and awesome tennis all packed into 1 eventful weekend. Already looking forward to the next J
- MAY – The annual Tennisens Day was held. An open day for all to familiarize themselves with Grefsen and what we have to offer to the neighborhood.
- JUNE – Drill Spill Grill – A social event of cardio-tennis and social playing, created by our Senior Committee to include all adult members over the age of 19 to enjoy a day with us on and off court. Unfortunately, the weather wasn´t on our side, and we had to cancel that day. Look forward to new chances.
- JUNE – Probably the highlight of the year at GTK … Orange Tour Masters!! 206 kids from 19 clubs were represented in our Orange Tour Master – 64 teams in total.
- AUGUST – Week 33 summercamp. Once again, our ever-popular camp was enjoyed by all who took part! We hope to see you in the new year!
- Snr Club Championships. Our outdoor champs for 2017 is Kim Qvale (Mens singles). Well done to all who took part and a special congratulation to Kim J
- SEPTEMBER – U14 Challenge Tournament. – We arranged an U14 Tournament in partnership with Norwegian Tennis Federation (NTF). The tournament was open to all players in Norway, and we had players representing a number of clubs in and around Oslo J Due to high entries, we played both at GTK and BSTK.
- OCTOBER – Our yearly B & C Senior Tournament also in ‘regi’ of NTF was even bigger this year. Thanks to all players who came from far and wide to participate her at GTK. We had a total of 9 of our own players represented with Ignas ending up as runner-up and Kathrin winning the lady´s tournament. To all our GTK-players …WELL PLAYED!
- NOVEMBER – A ROGY Green Tour hosted by GTK, took to our courts for a full weekend of tennis. A great success, and we can proudly say that we will be hosting the Green Tour Masters in June 2018. We will also be encouraging all our players to take part in the ROGY-tournaments in the future.
- DECEMBER – Our ROGY Tennisfest went down a treat for all players and parents who took part. A concept that we will be continuing for time to come. A combination of fun on and off court with the year-end ‘juleavslutning’ being the main focus. This year we had around 80 players and parents joining in with a delicious lunch and dinner being served after play.
GTK STIGEN – Our Senior Committee has a great success with re-introducing the GTK-STIGEN. A way to get our members of similar levels more active in playing against each other on a regular basis! So, if you are interested send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
WISHES FROM OUR MEMBERS
We would like to find out from you, our players and members what you would like to see more of or introduce at Grefsen Tennis Club. Your feedback regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Please send ideas to either firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathrin Steffen (leader Senior Committee) email@example.com
This goes out to both senior and junior players … a few examples are listed below but please feel free to air new ideas and thinking so we can grow as a club!
- Adults – Cardio Tennis, Speed Doubles, STIGEN, DSG (Drill Spill Grill), Grand Slam evenings
- Juniors – Girls day, Pizza evening, internal ROGY-tournaments
Look forward to hearing from you! We are planning for 2018, and the 2018-Årskalenderen will be sent out to you soon.
SOCIAL MEDIA – NEWS LETTERS
Facebook and Instagram – We are trying to get more noticed out in the public eye. You probably have noticed that our webpage and FB page is a lot more active. This we plan on continuing with and hope that you can take the time to
- Like us on Facebook (grefsentennisklubb) and/or
- Hashtag all your holiday tennis fun with #grefsentk
- See also our webpage grefsentk.no for the latest club news
To conclude, looking forward to having you all back on court taking your tennis to the next level 🙂 We at Grefsen, would like to wish all our members a happy festive season with family and loved ones. Have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
Remember that the club courts are available to book via Matchi during the Christmastime and until course start, so, hopefully, we will see you on court for a bit of a holiday workout 🙂